Automation, Control & Plant Intelligence News Updates
Ethernet Direct Releases JME-2408-L2+, 24 10/100TX and 2 combo Gigabit Layer 2+, SNMP Switch
Taipei, Taiwan, 20 February, 2008 – Ethernet Direct Corporation, a professional and primary provider of industrial networking and communication solutions, now releases JME-2408-L2+ Enterprise Workgroup Switch with 24 10/100TX ports and 2 Gigabit copper/SFP ports for media flexibility.
JME-2408-L2+ is a high-performance web managed layer 2+ switch. It is equipped with 24 10/100TX Ethernet ports and 2 combo Gigabit ports. JME-2408-L2+ outstands a traditional layer 2 switch with more advanced management functions, flexible gigabit and fiber combination, and user-friendly interface. JME-2408-L2+ has 2 gigabit RJ-45 and SFP ports, giving users more flexibility in constructing gigabit back-bone with either copper or fiber media for different applications. In addition, SFP fiber transceivers support hot pluggable function, enabling users to insert or swap SFP Fiber transceivers when the switch is powered on.
JME-2408-L2+ has fanless design, which not only reduces the power consumption, but also minimizes operation noise. JME-2408-L2+ also has a front-access design, which allows users to see a switch’s status with the built-in LED on the front panel. It makes it easy for administrators to easily inspect, trouble-shoot, and maintain switches in a rack-mount environment.
JME-2408-L2+ also has many management features, including port-based/tag-based VLAN, SNMP function, RSTP (Rapid Spanning Tree), MSTP (Multiple Spanning Tree), IGMP, GVRP, and more. To increase bandwidth application, JME-2408-L2+ supports up to 7 trunk groups, and each trunk can accommodate up to 4 member ports. These trunk ports provide aggregated bandwidth between switches or between the server and the switch.
JME-2408-L2+ has strong security features as well. Layer2+ classification is implemented in JME-2408-L2+. There are up to 256 Access Control List rules can be configured, enabling users to filter or to select some packets for security management or authorized control. Administrators can therefore set up IP or MAC address to prevent unauthorized access. And to enhance security, JME-2408-L2+ support 3 kinds of Authentication on IEEE 802.1x, including MD5, TLS, and REAP.
1. 32 bit ARM9 CPU, 16MB SDRAM, 4Mb packet buffer
2. Non-blocking, full-line speed, store-and-forward operation
3. Support jumbo frame up to 9K byte in packet length
4. Auto-Negotiation and Auto-MDIX on all 10/100M or 10/100/1000M copper ports
5. 24 10/100 RJ-45 ports, and 2 pair Gigabit ports of RJ-45 and SFP
6. 8K+256 MAC entries, 4K VLAN entries and 1K multicast Entries
7. Support flow control on both half and full duplex operation
8. Support Head-of-Line blocking prevention
9. Support port-based VLAN and 802.1Q tag-based VLAN
10. Support IEEE 802.1x MD5, EAP, TLS
11. Support IP Multicast, IGMP snooping, GVRP
12. Support RSTP ( Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol, IEEE 802.1w )
13. MSTP ( Multiple Spanning Tree, RSTP included ), Spanning Tree protocol used for VLAN environment
14. Support 4-level priority queuing
15. Support Port-Trunking with flexible load balancing algorithm
16. Provide 7 trunk groups with up to 4 member ports within 24 ports 10/100M ports
17. Support ingress port security mode
18. Support port-based Egress and Ingress rate limit control
19. Support RMON group 1,2,3,9
20. Support SNMP V1/V2/V3
21. Support DHCP option 82
22. Support ACL (Access Control List) up to 256 rules
23. Support Port mirroring
25. Support in-band control (any one of Ethernet ports)
26. Support high speed out-of-band control (115,200 baud rate)
27. LED display for each port status: link, activity and speed
For more Ethernet Direct product info, please visit www.ethernetdirect-tw.com or www.ethernetdirect.com
### About Ethernet Direct Corporation
Ethernet Direct brings a control system engineering perspective to networking technology. The principals of Ethernet Direct come from process-control and PLC system backgrounds.
The Global Ethernet Direct team covers operations from Product know-how, design implementation, quality assurance, manufacturing, logistics, sales, marketing & technical support. We are well-positioned to fulfill customers’ needs and markets’ demands by providing a great variety of tailor-made products and services. When you work with us, you will experience confidence and dependability. By choosing Ethernet Direct, you have chosen excellence & long-term commitment.
Tel: +886 2 29235918